AD5604 - Barnwood Park Submission - January '22

Having started the academic year with no previous experience of using Photoshop, InDesign or AutoCAD, I'm genuinely really proud of the work below, and pleased to share how far my skills have progressed in such a short period of time.

Starting with an initial DigiMap of the site with some existing contours, I have created a Topography, Vegetation and Hydrology Strategy for amendments to the area, to try and create something which the public and wildlife can engage with, and an area which can be an educational and biodiverse asset to Gloucester and the surrounding area.

By redesigning the retention ponds and making them a focal point of the vegetation as well as the hydrology, I feel that I have managed to create a far more visually stimulating site that what currently exists. due to only planting native species in the plan, biodiversity and ecological balance has been maintained.

I'll admit to it being a little rough around the edges in places, and perhaps some details missing which on reflection I'd like to have included. However with another four months to tinker, amend and improve my technical and design skills, I'm confident that the new plans will have a professional look and quality.





Comments